Fingal Arts Residency Award in partnership with Graphic Studio Dublin - Open Call 2018
Fingal County Council Arts is delighted to announce the Graphic Studio Dublin Residency Award. As part of the ongoing commitment to professional artists, Fingal County Council Arts Office in partnership with Graphic Studio Dublin is offering a fine art print residency to a professional artist at any stage of their career, working in any discipline, who is interested in exploring print processes.
The two week long residency will provide an ideal environment for the development of a creative project in printmaking and an opportunity to network with other artists. The residency will take place in 2018/2019 at a date to be agreed with the successful candidate.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area. No printmaking experience is necessary.
The closing date for submission of applications is 4pm on Friday 30th November.
This is the seventh year that Fingal County Council has partnered with Graphic Studio Dublin to make this award. According to Una Sealy, the recipient in 2017:
”For artists who do not normally work in the medium, the opportunities that the Visiting Artist programme offer are hugely important. It is well known that to work outside one's own comfort zone can open up new pathways of personal exploration. Not to mention that to have the highest quality artist prints produced can make one's work more accessible, and in a new and different way.”
The residency will include:
• A short induction/training course in the use of equipment and models of good practice in a collective fine art print studio.
• The assistance and guidance of an experienced printmaker in making a multicolour print using a pre-prepared drawing/painting as a starting point.
• The Studio Director will advise as to print methodologies, and assist the artist in all possible ways to professionally fulfil their objectives during the residency.
• Professional studio support with regard to technical processes, and artistic development.
• Assistance in printing a small edition of the finished work.
• The residency will be documented for the artist, for Fingal County Council Arts Office and Graphic Studio Dublin. The finished work will be exhibited in Graphic Studio Gallery.
For further information and an application form please contact Graphic Studio Dublin
Tel: 01 817 0938 or email email@example.com